I have a new flower in my garden this spring, Blazing Sunset Avens (Geum chiloense). Before the sky opened up and poured buckets this afternoon, I snapped a couple pictures and snipped a few flowers to sketch. The color is scrumptious and I hope to play with pencils soon but today was a simple study using a mechanical pencil.
Montage. The creamy paper and smooth surface of my beloved moleskine is a joy to draw on.
Detail of bud and leaves. I left off the annoying aphids. The little buggers need a sudsy spray.
Detail of an opening blossom.
Detail of a spent blossom. I like drawing these detailed sketches. The lines, shapes and colors eventually reveal themselves in my paintings.
Get My Newsletter
- Another beautiful day in Sausalito! I feel fortunate we had such good weather. Now home to the cold and rain again. ️ 🌧 …#sausalito #cali #goldengatebridgeview #pacificoceanview
- Such a beautiful view! Really happy to have a weekend away in Sausalito with a good friend. …#goldengatebridgeview #sausalito #angelisland #sanfrancisco #cali
- Me and mom looking out over the valley at twilight from the Wallace Monument. Thanks @davidjamesduncan for a fun evening and for all the great views (and this super snap)!
- Today’s color is…The sky changed so fast I️ didn’t even catch the intensity in the few secs it took to grab my phone. What a beautiful sky!
- Lovely lines in Culross….#culrossvillage #culross #scotspirit #lovesscotland #travelscotland #visitscotland #travelswithmom