The best restaurant moment of 2009 was our own little made-up restaurant while on our Best Trip of 2009. After a pleasant evening stroll at the Manzanita Farmer’s Market, my husband and I snagged a beautiful bottle of wine, smoked salmon and delicious veggies. I approached the meal-prep like I would before beginning a painting…selected the colors and textures, looked for unusual pairings. It made me remember to approach meals as an art form (something I usually forget). This meal was hands down one of the very best we shared this year.
Get My Newsletter
- Love the pipe band competitions! #goosebumps UPDATE: bummer on the slow mo.
- She's so sweet…love wee ones!
- The kilted mile! Portland Highland Games. 🏼
- Today's color is…#farmfresh #familyfarm #pnwisbest #pnwberries #pnwcherries #oregonblueberries #oregoncherries
- Rode the tram today with my awesome niece @carol_fried and nephew @jackzacob with views of Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens. Then we hiked around my old childhood stomping grounds where my lil sis (their momma) and I played @ohsunews. I showed them the buildings where their grandparents worked. We even made it to our old house on SW 11th fondly dubbed "the shack" which is now a swanky tiny house with gorgeous views of the east. @karmenschmidt